Sunday, February 12, 2006

POSTING PRIZES

I've been reading the blog of Jaynie R for some time now. I love Jaynie. Not only is she a fellow Aussie, she doesn't hold punches. Tells it like it is. If you haven't been there before, go now!!! http://jaynier.blogspot.com/ Then come back here cause I'm talking about posting prizes.

OK, it seems that there are some authors who don't like posting/won't post to non-US readers. Why?? What's the big deal with sending something to another country? Perhaps because I'm in Australia it's no big deal to me, (we are pretty much on the other side of the world to the majority of the action) but to alienate whole nations because they're not the same as yours is JUST PLAIN RUDE! Writing isn't just about words on paper (or in today's case, words on a screen). It's about making a connection with someone else. If you care little for that connection because of geography than it is YOU that's lacking, not the individual in a country different to yours. Yes, we all have busy lives. Yes, we all have commitments and priorities that consume our days, but for Pete's Sake, how hard is it to swing by a post office on your way home from buying the groceries?

So, for the record. If you win a prize from me I will send it to you NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE!! That's my promise!

Lexxie

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaynie said...

smooch,*g*

11:07 pm  
Blogger Emma Ray Garrett said...

And that she does folks. As I can attest, for I have received not one, but TWO delighful posts from Lexxie.

6:27 pm  
Blogger Emma Ray Garrett said...

...oh and I live in the US, LOL!

6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home