Saturday, August 19, 2006


MEET MY NEW OBJECT OF LUST

David Tennant.

I still can't pin-point WHAT exactly makes me go all squirmy, wet and horny over David Tennant. I know he's not a drop-dead gorgeous hunk like Brad Pitt. I know he's not a dangerous, Omega like Huge Jackman (OK, when he's in Wolverine mode, not Peter Allen). But damn it, he pushes ALL my buttons.

I first discovered him in the BBC drama/comedy Cassanova, about the famous Italian lover called... well, Cassanova, funnily enough. I used to melt each night I watched it and my husband got lucky each night AFTER I watched it. Then Tennant took over the iconic role of Dr Who, that most famous Time Lord (a character I have grown up with) and I fell irretrievably in lust. If he turned up at my door and said "Come with me, Lexxie" I'd float out the door and not think twice about it (well, OK, maybe twice *grin*).

He just commands the screen. There's a playfulness to him that is infectious and a 'don't piss me off or you'll be sorry' edge that makes his sexiness just that little bit aggressive. If you haven't seen him in anything yet, try and catch an episode of Dr Who. I think (if my internet trawling is correct) the Sci-Fi Channel in the US is scheduled to run the latest series. If you can't do that, just sit and stare at his image for a while. I know I do. Often! *grin*



Want a more objective bio?

David Tennant is the stage name of David MacDonald, (born 18 April 1971 - Wow!! Only FOUR days after me!!!) a Scottish actor, from Bathgate, West Lothian, best known as the tenth actor to portray the Doctor in the television series Doctor Who.
Already a well-known theatre actor, he achieved wider fame in the United Kingdom for his TV roles in Casanova and Doctor Who. International audiences know him best for playing Barty Crouch Jr. in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
In December 2005, The Stage newspaper listed Tennant at #6 in its "Top Ten" listing of the most influential UK television artists of the year, citing his roles in Blackpool, Casanova, Secret Smile and Doctor Who. In January 2006, readers of the British gay and lesbian newspaper The Pink Paper voted Tennant the "Sexiest Man in the Universe" over David Beckham and Brad Pitt. A poll of over 10,000 women for the March 2006 issue of New Woman magazine ranked him 20th in their list of the "Top 100 Men".

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Johnson said...

Yes, Lexxie, YES! I absolutely adore DT. He's just so adorable! Like a big overgrown 900yr old kid, leaping about all enthusiastic and bright-eyed. That infectious grin and the twinkly eyes... sigh. The man is full of krisma.

I SO need to see Casanova. I'm madly in love with Dr Who!

10:18 pm  
Blogger Lexxie Couper said...

*sigh* Y'know, Cat, you are a woman with the most divine taste in men... First James Marsters.... Now David too!!!

I'd curl up and gladly die in his lap. : )

Get your arse to a DVD shop this instant and buy Casanova! Truly. I mean it! It is fantastic!!

10:24 pm  
Blogger Kate Johnson said...

I will, I will!

And I know I do, I I know I do! LOL.

Mmmm, David. How can they make me wait until Christmas for a new Dr Who??

1:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home