Friday, September 22, 2006



GETTING PROPOSED TO...

by one of my students!!

Yep, that's right. He's done it again. One of my Year 10 boys (whom I shall refer to from here on in as Braces) popped the question again today. Now, when I say, pop the question, what I'm saying is he tells me, in front of the WHOLE class (that's 30 16 year old boys) that if Mr Couper's not doing his 'thing' properly, he's more than happy to step in to the job. "I'm talkin' a life commitment here, Miss."

Now there are two ways to respond to a sixteen year old boy under the influence of a hormonal-induce crush - you can let him down gently or you can crush his spirit, hopes and dreams. I opted for the first choice. I gave him a grin and said "Braces, maybe in another time and another life... Y'know, one where I'm not twice your age."

Would this say to you - 'that's sweet, Braces, but no' or would this say 'Oh, Braces, if only I could whip you away to another place I'd have my wicked way with you'? Y'know how Braces took it? Yep, the latter. During playground duty later today (which I love during Australian spring, but detest during Australian summer), a horde of Year Ten boys came runnning at me, telling me thay'd heard ALL about my 'horn-on' for Braces and how I was planning to leave my husband from him when he leaves school in two years time.

*sigh*

I guess I should have crushed him. How on earth am I going to explain this to the DH??? *grin*

Yours in perpetual disarray,

L

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

OMG! Lexxie! lol. Wow, I have no idea what to tell you other than it was sweet you didn't crush him.

2:10 pm  
Blogger Renee George said...

LMFAO! Those moments are priceless. Nige will never understand, lol.

Renee

6:42 pm  
Blogger Renee George said...

LMFAO! Those moments are priceless. Nige will never understand, lol.

Renee

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home